If you are an apartment dweller like me, you would probably have noticed that once you’re inside the main door – you are inside the living room and that’s that. Very often, apartment dwellers are forced to skimp on the entryway due to the following problems:
- No available foyer or entry space in the floor plan
- Small living room and small apartment size – no sq ft of space can be wasted in decorative objects that have no real use.
- No need for a designated entryway – just get inside the door and dump bags onto sofa 🙂
Whenever I’ve been thinking about my future dream house – I end up confused right away.
- Should I have a separate passage or corner to use as an entryway (or mudroom as it is referred to outside India)?
- Should I just skip the whole idea and dump a closed shoe rack outside my door?
I have been collecting inspiration images of entryways that I liked – from Indian homes as well as International homes. Here are my favorites along with some ideas that I think can be easily adapted by anyone else 🙂
[Image taken from Design Sponge here.]
[Image from Nook and Sea taken from here.]
[Image from Removeandreplace taken from here.]
[Image found on Pinterest - unfortunately I could not find the source] So which inspiration image did you like the most?? What is your dream entryway like? Please do share in the comments... Disclaimer: All images in this post are property of their owners. I do not hold any rights to them. They are taken from blogs that I admire and sites that I read. I do not make any profits out of sharing these images.